Join Our Team
Curley & Pynn – The Strategic Firm® is a top Orlando-area agency for organizations and leaders who recognize the importance of strategic, ethical and impactful communication. For more than three decades, Florida’s leading brands in economic development, energy, healthcare, higher education, hospitality, finance, technology and tourism have turned to us for strategic advice, trusted counsel and total public relations program management.
While we currently have a full house, we are always on the lookout for talented and motivated communications professionals to join our ranks. Be sure to check back often. If you have any questions, please email Dan Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curley & Pynn’s internship is an ideal experience for student leaders and recent graduates who seek to apply their knowledge of public relations and marketing communications strategies and tactics in a real-world setting. Interns report to Curley & Pynn’s communications specialists and communications strategists, who direct assignments while fostering a supportive, constructive mentoring relationship.
Intern responsibilities may include:
- Writing news releases and newsletter articles
- Online and traditional research
- Coordinating and staffing special events
- Developing media lists, pitching and documenting press coverage
- Brainstorming concepts and developing content for marketing collateral
Interns are expected to be self-starters and take initiative. This requires:
- Writing effective copy devoid of spelling or grammar errors;
- Preparing presentations based upon independent research and input from clients and other team members;
- Conducting outreach as necessary through email and phone calls, and proactively reporting results; and,
- Completing assignments on time and maintaining accountability for how time is spent on behalf of clients.
Ideal internship candidates are college juniors or seniors in public relations or a related degree program, or recent graduates who have earned a degree in public relations or a related field within the last six months. Applicants must have prior internship experience; agency experience is preferred.
Interns are compensated at an hourly rate of $12 for hours worked above time required for school credit. Those not earning credit receive the hourly rate of $12 for all hours worked.
An internship schedule totaling at least 20 hours per week will be determined upon hiring.
To apply, please contact Ellie Hodgkins at email@example.com.