Join Our Team
In 1984, our founders turned a belief in the powers of communication, creativity and teamwork into Curley & Pynn – The Strategic Firm®, one of Orlando’s first agencies that today manages public relations and marketing communications programs for leading brands throughout Florida.
We need a Communications Strategist who can manage client relationships and motivate account teams to achieve results. This role places you in the driver’s seat behind programs for clients in a variety of industries – from tourism and economic development to technology, solar energy and more. If you’re ambitious and experienced in research, writing, media relations, social media management and crisis communications, keep reading.
The ideal Communications Strategist has:
- A bachelor’s degree in public relations or related field (APR preferred)
- Three to five years of professional experience (management and agency experience preferred)
- The ability to apply our Five Steps to Professional Success to the practice of public relations
- Keen sense of the “why” behind our work – not just the “what” and “how”
- Strong writing skills and aversion to poor grammar
Ours is the type of company where people are valued and provided the resources to care for what matters most in life. Compensation includes a competitive salary, three weeks of paid vacation time, generous health and retirement benefits, and financial support for professional development activities. Our work-hard-play-hard mentality often leads to cookie breaks, happy hours and food-truck takeovers. Plus, an open-door policy with our accredited, award-winning management team means seasoned professionals are always available to help you grow.
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and writing samples to Dan Ward, APR, CPRC, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our internship program empowers students to use as many public relations and marketing communications tools as possible in a real-world setting. Nothing beats on-the-job training, and we want our interns to explore and discover practical applications of the field they have been studying. At Curley & Pynn, intern responsibilities may include:
- Conducting online and traditional research
- Writing news releases
- Managing email marketing communications
- Conducting media pitch calls
- Staffing media and special events
- Developing and updating media lists
- Participating in client brainstorming sessions
To apply, please send resume and writing samples to Elizabeth Lytle at email@example.com.
Interested in working with us?
Please complete this form and we’ll be in touch soon.